Planning to set up your own home theater at home? Consider these tips on your video considerations. For Audio Considerations, visit our post here:
1. You’ll want to make sure as many seating positions as possible are viewing the TV straight on.
2. Consider reflections: most windows will have curtains or blinds you can close and, of course, lights can be
3. For ambient lighting that won’t cause a distraction, consider placing lamps or lighting behind your TV. This is
sometimes known as ‘bias lighting’.
4. The screen should be at eye level when you’re seated, so invest in a decent TV stand that can accommodate any
other kit you have, such as a cable box, Blu-ray player or soundbar.
5. Avoid the trend of placing it above a fireplace if you can, or it’ll be like sitting in the first row of the cinema. If
you must place it higher than eye level, make sure you angle it downwards to make viewing more comfortable.